• Which will come first? The Universal Hip Hop Museum in the South Bronx (rendering above) or The Hip Hop Hall of Fame in Harlem? Place your bets now. (Photo: L+M Development Partners)
• Quarterback and national-anthem-protest symbol Colin Kaepernick was recently in Harlem for a good cause and a photo shoot, possibly for GQ Magazine–and TMZ got a piece of the "top secret" action.
• An Italian restaurant and a speakeasy are coming to a huge commercial space in Manhattanville that has seen a lot of turnover. Now that some buildings on Columbia's new campus are finally open, maybe this latest venture will stick.
• Harlem's churches are closing or being sold at a fast clip. Point the finger at gentrification.
• If merengue is your thing, this old-fashioned club in Washington Heights looks like so much fun.
#CentralHarlem #eat #museum #TheBronx #WashingtonHeights #uptownlinks #music #realestate