• The Uptown Garrison, a new spot in Washington Heights with a trendy industrial vibe, is already drawing plenty of locals with its Toby's Estate coffee and brick oven pizza.
• Adrienne Cheatham, an African-American woman chef who lives in Harlem, is one of the 15 new contestants on season 15 of "Top Chef." She was recently the executive chef of Red Rooster and is now hoping to open a restaurant serving Southern classics.
• Let's try to change this: an 11-year-old glass mosaic mural on 125th Street called "Spirit of Harlem" by artist Louis Delsarte has been bricked over by the new tenant, a sneaker shop. Here's a petition you can sign to try and bring it back.
• The New York City Council finally approved a huge East Harlem rezoning plan. Included is the full-block, fully affordable Sendero Verde project, as well as more money for public housing, a new park, and lower height limits for buildings along certain corridors.
• A writer who grew up in Harlem takes Vogue readers on a walking tour of literary Harlem.
• Cute story gone viral: a young man who recently moved to Harlem with big dreams flew to Florida to meet his 81-year-old new "best friend" whom he met via Words with Friends.
• Here's a brief but intriguing review of Accra, a West African eatery in Harlem.
#WashingtonHeights #EastHarlem #history #art #do #eat #realestate #CentralHarlem #uptownlinks