• A hip East Harlem-based coffee shop is coming to Columbia's new Manhattanville campus. The university's sleek Renzo Piano-designed Jerome L. Greene Science Center has its second tenant, Dear Mama Coffee. The cafe will occupy a bi-level space that faces the serene outdoor plaza in the back of the building.
• West Harlem is StreetEasy's top neighborhood to watch next year. Here's one couple that recently moved into a new condo on West 127th Street.
• Good news, let's hope: Foot Locker, the parent company of Footaction, the new shop that recently bricked over the "Spirit of Harlem" mural on 125th Street, is backtracking and saying it will restore the mosaic.
• An uninterrupted bike path around the city is getting closer to reality. The recently approved re-zoning of East Harlem now officially includes money for the new section of the Manhattan Greenway between East 125th and East 132nd Streets.
• Lee Lee's rugelach has hit the big time. According to Page Six, Tamron Hall recently brought some of the Harlem-made treats to a lunch at Michael's with her high-powered pals, including TV chef Sandra Lee. They approved.
• Gourmet butcher Harlem Shambles is expanding to the Lower East Side. It's new store will be called Essex Shambles.
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.