• Tickets for annual uptown food festival Harlem EatUp! (May 14-20) go on sale to the general public tomorrow. Citi cardmembers can already purchase tickets, so hurry–one of the "Dine in Harlem" events hosted by Marcus Samuelsson at Ginny's Supper Club is already sold out. (Photo: Instagram/@harlemeatup).
• If you want to attend one of Top Chef runner-up Adrienne Cheatham's new Sunday Best pop-ups in Harlem, follow her on Instagram to get the details. (She'll also be a guest chef at Harlem EatUp!, so there's that.)
• More gorgeous photos of Harlem fashion plate Lana Turner in The New Yorker, courtesy of photographer Dario Calmese.
• A Sotheby's auction in May will raise money for the construction of the Studio Museum in Harlem's new building. The sale will include donated works by Njideka Akunyili Crosby, Mark Bradford and Glenn Ligon.
• Harlem School of the Arts just announced an ambitious intensive summer theater program to be taught by members of the London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art (alumni include Benedict Cumberbatch, Kim Cattrall and David Oyelowo).
• "[B]ig skies and a sense of openness (no longer found in most neighborhoods south of 96th Street) sprinkled with a bit of grit and history of the old Harlem" is a nice description of Central Harlem in this piece on what it's like to rent in the neighborhood.
• A fun little tour of Inwood's 234-year-old Dyckman Farmhouse is in The Daily Mail, of all places.
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.