• A new spot called The Expat, serving "Southeast Asian pub grub," is coming to 195 Claremont Avenue between Riverside Drive and Tiemann Place in Morningside Heights. The owners are behind such other uptown eateries as The Handpulled Noodle and Tampopo Ramen. [New Street RA]
• Director Ava DuVernay's Netflix minseries "When They See Us," about the five men wrongfully accused in the notorious Central Park Jogger case, had its premiere at the Apollo on Monday night. Attendees included Oprah, Dapper Dan and John Leguizamo. The show hits the small screen on May 31. [NY Times]
• Coming to the Apollo on June 24: Lady Gaga. She'll be performing to celebrate the merger of SiriusXM and Pandora. [Page Six]
• BLVD Bistro is reopening in a new location at 2149 Frederick Douglass Boulevard and 116th Street this weekend. [@blvdbistro via Instagram]
• Harlem is becoming home to a whole new generation of lacrosse players. [NY Times]
• During the run-up to last week's Harlem EatUp!, Red Rooster chef Marcus Samuelsson paid a visit to Lolo's Seafood Shack to try its famous fish sandwich. [Bloomberg]
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.