• The Lincoln Correctional Facility, an eight-story prison on Central Park North with views of the park and lower Manhattan, is closing and will be sold off in the next 90 days. Plenty of locals, like Jose Bryson, fear rents will rise. He also told the Daily News he'll miss his neighbors: "They’re all super-nice and say ‘hello’ when I walk by. I’m being serious. They're great neighbors." [Daily News]
• Fab 5 Freddy has donated his massive hip hop archive–including VHS tapes of rap shows and handwritten notebooks from the '70s and '80s–to the Schomburg Center. [Atlas Obscura]
• Foodie guide Edible Manhattan's roundup of where to eat and drink in Harlem includes many of the neighborhood's newest spots. Is your favorite on the list? [Edible Manhattan]
• Keep your eyes peeled! Almost the entire movie "In the Heights"–based on the musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda–will be filmed in Washington Heights this summer. [PIX11]
• Did you know Maelyn Jarmon, the winner of this season's "The Voice," is a resident of Washington Heights? [amNY]
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.