• Analyzing cell phone data and social media geotagging to figure out where to expand in New York, Chipotle recently narrowed its search down to Hamilton Heights and what's being called "Washington Heights South," two areas with growing populations of millennials. The Mexican chain is now in lease negotiations for a space on Broadway and 159th Street. [Commerical Observer]
• Harlem's "best-kept jazz secret" is the National Jazz Museum. [Forbes]
• This walking tour of 11 important locations in LGBTQ history includes two stops in Harlem: the Schomburg and the Langston Hughes House. [NY Times]
• A wave of new investment has come to Harlem, but longtime neighborhood restaurants could suffer if real estate developers don't try to negotiate with them. [Bisnow]
• Take a walk through Marcus Garvey Park on any given Sunday and you might run into Neil Patrick Harris and his family, who live nearby. [NY Times]
• All roads lead to Washington Heights in this deep dive on the nutcracker, any "sweet, boozy drink that’s sold illegally on the street, out of barber shops or bodegas." [Grub Street]
• Here's a fun guide to Hamilton Heights for the D.C. crowd. [Washington Post]
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.