• About 1,900 market-rate rentals in East Harlem and Roosevelt Island–all in former Mitchell-Lama properties like The Heritage, above–will be converted back into affordable apartments. [Curbed NY]
• "Motherless Brooklyn," the Ed Norton movie filmed throughout Harlem last year, will close out the New York Film Festival this fall. During the shoot, a Sugar Hill brownstone was the site of a tragic fatal fire. [Gothamist]
• Go on this things-to-do tour of Washington Heights, with stops at coffee shop Cafe Buunni and local Italian spot Saggio. [amNewYork]
• Actor Jawan Jackson, who plays Melvin Franklin in Broadway's "Ain't Too Proud: The Life and Times of the Temptations," knew he wanted to live in Harlem when he first moved to New York. And now he does–in a one-bedroom on the top floor of a Harlem brownstone. [NY Times]
• This fun bike ride across the length of Manhattan includes visits to the Little Red Lighthouse, Inspiration Point and Elsa La Reina del Chicharron. [NY Times]
• A 120-square-foot East Harlem studio is home to designer Sourabh Gupta's "stunningly lifelike" paper flowers. [T The New York Times Style Magazine]
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.