• Here's why the closing of the McDonald's on 125th Street and Broadway–part of Columbia University's expansion into Manhattanville–"hurts." [Gothamist]
• New details have been revealed about the twin towers going up at 233 West 125th Street, aka the Victoria Theater redevelopment. The building that will house the Marriott Renaissance will include a 5,000-square-foot ballroom and rooftop bar with views of Central Park. [NY Post]
• These photos capture the fun scene at the Tommy Hilfiger x Zendaya block-party-cum-fashion-show at the Apollo Theater during New York Fashion Week. [The Cut]
• Fifty local artists have been invited to paint murals along a three-block stretch of plywood in East Harlem. This Saturday, September 21 is the last day of the paint-a-thon. [NY Daily News]
• The Times sent 20 photographers to 65 block parties across the city, including a handful in Harlem. Did yours make the cut? [NY Times
• It's hard not to agree with this list of destination-worthy Harlem restaurants. [Pure Wow]
• Doctoral candidate Katherine Merriman's free Muslim history tours of Harlem are still going strong (but might require a wait). [NY Times]
For daily updates, follow The Curious Uptowner on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.