• The old Hamilton Theater, a decrepit architectural jewel on Broadway in Hamilton Heights (photo above), has in recent years been used as a pop-up shop for Spirit Halloween and as a location for an Alexander Wang fashion show. The latest news regarding its rebirth: an architect's proposal was set to go before the New York Landmark Preservation Commission a few days ago (although it looks like it was postponed).
• An unconfirmed tip from a construction worker about the renovations taking place on the southeast corner of Broadway and 145th Street: it's going to be a CVS. Blergh.
• Filmmaker Kahlil Joseph's new art movie, inspired by iconic Harlem photographer Roy DeCarava, makes me think a trip to the New Museum is definitely in order. (Joseph directed the original version of Beyonce's "Lemonade.")
• Just in time for the New York Marathon, here's an interview with Alison Desir, founder of inspirational running group Harlem Run.
• This tour of New York's predominantly Latino neighborhoods, including East Harlem and Washington Heights, has all kinds of good ideas on where to eat Puerto Rican fritters, buy Salsa music, and see mosaic street art.
• Sign your two-year leases now. West Harlem is on the list of NYC neighborhoods popular with out-of-staters moving to NYC.
#design #WashingtonHeights #architecture #uptownlinks #HamiltonHeights #realestate #art #EastHarlem #eat #WestHarlem #music #do #CentralHarlem