The new Starz series "Run the World"—a "Sex and the City"-esque show about four Black best friends living in Harlem—has been filming all across the neighborhood this fall.
The eight-episode series features the up-and-coming actresses Amber Stevens West, Andrea Bordeaux, Bresha Webb, and Corbin Reid—but judging from the first trailer, present-day Harlem is the real star.
A focus on the neighborhood is definitely part of the plan. "'Run the World' is a love letter to Black women and a love letter to Harlem," the show's creator and writer, Leigh Davenport, said in statement.
As we wait for the release date—sometime in 2021—here's a look at the most recognizable locations in the teaser.
Listed from south to north, they make a great walking tour of the neighborhood:
1. Harlem Meer
Central Park, Fifth Ave and 110th Street
2. Apartment on Central Park North with views of the park
W 110th St and Lenox Ave
52 W 116th St between Fifth and Lenox Aves
4. Brownstones in the Mount Morris Park Historic District
W 121st St between Mt. Morris Park West and Lenox Ave
5. Lenox Avenue in the Mount Morris Park Historic District
Lenox Ave and W 121st St
6. Harriet Tubman Memorial by Alison Saar
St. Nicholas Ave and W 122nd St
7. 1 train approaching the elevated station on 125th Street
Broadway between W 123rd and W 124th Sts
Red Rooster, 310 Malcolm X Blvd between W 125th and W 126th Sts
9. Under the Riverside Viaduct
12th Ave between W 125th St and W 135th Sts