• Benyam, a new Ethiopian restaurant on Frederick Douglass Boulevard, is a NYT Critic's Pick (photo courtesy of Benyam).
• Poetry in motion: a reviewer at the New Yorker thinks The Edge, an Anglo-Jamaican restaurant in Harlem, "feels like a place the young Langston [Hughes] would like."
• Even more food to check out: a vacant lot in East Harlem is now a cheery outdoor spot where Brazilian dishes are served.
• Wish I could have seen them shooting the bicycle "mob" scenes for Hamilton Heights native A$AP Ferg's new music video. They included 200 Harlem friends and extras, fronted by two pro BMX riders.
• Lots of Uptown real estate to gawk at: a group of theater friends created a cozy place to live in a Harlem townhouse; these under-$2,000 rentals in Inwood, Washington Heights and Harlem are ready for new tenants; and a "unicorn" townhouse in historic Sylvan Terrace has been relisted with new photos and a lower price tag.
• Great idea: the Whole Foods in Harlem debuted a large new mural painted by youth apprentices from a local school.
#uptownlinks #eat #CentralHarlem #realestate #music #WashingtonHeights #Inwood #art