• Step into 1980s Spanish Harlem through the astonishing lens of photographer Joseph Rodriguez. Go see his just-opened show at the Bronx Documentary Center or buy the accompanying new book. (Photo: from "Spanish Harlem" by Joseph Rodriguez, published by powerHouse Books).
• Follow author Russell Shorto's search for remaining bits of 18th-century history in this present-day tour of Revolutionary New York–including a stop at the Morris-Jumel Mansion.
• So the reason behind that "top secret" shoot of Colin Kaepernick in Manhattanville is finally out: the quarterback has been named GQ's "Citizen of the Year." Here's the slick behind-the-scenes video.
• For the 11th year in a row, a mailman in East Harlem will be organizing a free Thanksgiving dinner for the people in his community.
• Miss the cooking of JJ Johnson at the old Cecil in Harlem (which has been turned into a steakhouse in the meantime)? You can now find the critically-acclaimed chef creating dishes like cornmeal crusted sea bass at the Chefs Club in Nolita, where he is currently in residence.
• If you dream of a home that's historic on the outside but modern on the inside, this new-to-market Hamilton Heights house is for you.
#TheBronx #uptownlinks #do #EastHarlem #Manhattanville #history #art #HamiltonHeights #realestate #eat #shop #CentralHarlem