• Excellent news! New York City's Landmarks Preservation Commission will review whether to designate a new historic district in Central Harlem: approximately 130th to 132nd Streets between Lenox and Seventh Avenues.
• It's for real: Gucci and designer Dapper Dan are opening up a luxe, by-appointment-only atelier on Lenox Avenue in January. See the first pics in GQ.
• Hamilton Heights' beautifully rehabilitated P.S. 186, built in 1903 and now a Boys & Girls club and apartment building, was among the winners of the New York State Historic Preservation Awards.
• The Daily News' fun Subway Fare series takes a peek at three restaurants near the B train's 116th Street stop.
• Ah, if only! I love the image of 60 Minutes' Bill Whitaker looking out at Central Park in this tour of his Harlem pad.
• Speaking of views: see what the funky windows of Manhattan's first rental passive house–which happens to be in Hamilton Heights–look like from the inside.
• The New Yorker gives a shout-out to Tsion Cafe, whose owner brings a mix of tastes from her travels to her Ethiopian menu.
• The newest member of the Harlem Globetrotters is 4'5" and being called a "mini Michael Jordan."
• I missed Time Out New York's cute write-up of three places to check out in Hamilton Heights!
#architecture #uptownlinks #CentralHarlem #history #eat #drinks #realestate #HamiltonHeights #sports #fashion